Old 03-21-07, 06:47 PM
mattyknacks

Bikes: 2008 Trek 520

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Papineaux
Went out for my first ride since getting my bike. A little under two miles and it completely destroyed me. I have so much more respect for the guys that have lost lots of weight doing this and the ones that are losing it still. It was a humbling experience getting out there to say the least.

I'm 6'3" and weigh in at 320lb. I'm only 22 and was told by my doctor to be at a high risk for diabetes because of my size and family history with it. He recommended cycling as a good aerobic workout that's also low impact.

I was really excited to start doing this but today just seemed to feel like a failure. Having to turn back so soon was a big hit to the morale.
Hey man, welcome to the forum, and to biking. Dont worry about the length of the ride, you will get better and better as your muscles get used to the new range of motion you are introducing them to. We all went through it, I dont think I did much more then a mile on my first ride.

Keep it up, and enjoy the bike, dont overdue it. The more you enjoy the ride, the more incentive you will have.

Matty in Brooklyn