Patria O Muerte!

Bikes: Pinarello road bike, Marin Kentfield city bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
First tour with the missus - tips?

Hello all,
In a week and a half me and my fiance are going on our first tour. Worry not, i don't have equipment questions :-)

I myself am a pretty avid commuter, fairly fit and have all the equipment imaginable. She on the other hand, rides infrequently and isn't used to many hours in the saddle. Lately i've tried to bring her up to a reasonable level of fitness buy taking her on rides in the area. The longest was about 45 kilometers in the Jerusalem mountains - pretty challenging ride, and she handled it very well. Tomorrow we're going on a 60 km ride, that's more or less flat.
She's very motivated, enjoys riding and is very excited about our upcoming trip.

My question is, and i imagine i'm not the only one who's ever "dragged" a partner on a tour - what do you do to keep them happy and motivated, going day after day and not giving up when things get tough?
I already resigned to carry all the gear, except for the tent and a few small items. What else can i do, once we've left home to live in a tent for a week in the desert?

Thanks,
Emil.