Old 03-24-07, 11:15 PM
LittleBigMan
Sumanitu taka owaci

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Roody
Too bad you're stuck down there in Atlanta. Lots of cities have nice affordable housing in downtown areas that are better for carfree living. Unfortunately, some cities, such as Atlanta, evidently do not.

Like you, I don't know what Forester says about sprawl, nor do I care much, even though I'm a dedicated carfree person myself. I have read his book about vehicular cycling, and I find it's the best book on the subject that I've read, and by now I think I've read them all.
I admire that. My grandmother lived in Lansing. She walked to the grocery store and had no car. She died in her late 80's in her living room after coming home from there. She always said she wanted to go that way, still active. She got her wish. She never had to spend a day dependent on anyone, or wasting away in a bed. Full of pep all the way. I remember when she stubbornly mowed our lawn once when she visited, which embarrassed my dad terribly.

But I'm not complaining about Atlanta. It's really beautiful, here. Everything's blooming right now, what a wonderful sight to see. I love it here.

The point I wanted to make was that moving is not always practical option for people.