View Single Post
Old 03-25-07, 09:31 AM
Kar3368
Pink Hammer Girl

Bikes: Project one Custom Trek Madone 5.2 SL, and a Specialized Stumpjumper M4 full suspension mountain bike.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by The Fixer
Good ride! Good ride! Pics later. Great riding with Karen, Laura, Christie, and Doug!.....and extra credits to Karen, Laura, and Doug for continuing all the way up to the lifts....while I had some grilled cheese sandwich and fries at the lodge while I waited for them. I haven't had the chance to rebuild my broken Campy wheel yet so I rode my fixed gear today so that was my excuse for not attempting the lifts. Good enough.
Word was, according to a bunch of other cyclists we met at the lodge, they officially closed GMR to cyclists and were citing them so we didn't take that back down. I decided to ride Baldy Road straight down as I was pressed for time but the rest took the same route back to Encanto, back across East Fork.......
Thanks for coming out for the ride George!
George is SOOO STRONG on the fixie...my goodness..amazing.
It was a beautiful day, a bit cold @ the start but made for an awesome day of riding. AND
I MADE IT TO THE LIFTS!!! Thought i was going to die!! At times It was sooo steep I could barely go over 4 mph. Going down from the lifts, OMG. I am not a fan of steep descents, so that was not fun for me!!
As George stated they were citing people @ Big GMR, so we took the same way back, down little GMR,
East Fork, 39.
There was a ton of debris on little GMR, we saw a windshield broken all over the rode, then pieces of cars, motercycles everywhere it seemed.
My total ride was 74 miles with close to 9000 ft of climbing....
GREAT DAY!!
Thanks again George for riding with us!!

Last edited by Kar3368; 03-25-07 at 10:13 AM.