Old 02-27-04, 02:54 PM
GreenFix

Bikes: Specialized Allez Sport

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by The Fixer
Yeah...but it's a beater Bianchi track frame for running errands only. Who knows.....in two months, I'll strip it down again for another change of color according to my mood..... just as my wife changes her hair color every month.

George

I am curious how that works for you. I used a spray on clear enamel for part of my last do-it-yourself paint job to get the bare metal look (a mountain bike frame). It worked fine. The clear paint has chipped in places, but it is mostly just where I get some cable slap on the top tube. The down tube and seat tube have seemed to hold up fine. I am toying with the idea of putting a reflective paintjob on my commuter/beater using the glass beads they put in reflective highway paint. I think that clear polyurethane would be a great way to suspend the beads and get them to stick to the frame. I am curious to hear how you make out.

Fixer,
On a separate note, I am thinking of getting a brooks saddle for my commuter. I notice you have many of them and a lot of experience. Would the B17 be fine, or do you recommend putting down a little extra cash for the higher end version?