View Single Post
Old 03-27-07, 11:36 AM
Zero_Enigma

Bikes: MTB Peugoet Canyon (forgot the model), Nikishi? roadbike, MTB custom build,

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tube leaking/popping internally.

Ok, I checked the tire. Nothing is punctured. On the rim that rubbery surface that covers the holes has one hole in it. On the tube there is a hole at the same spot as well where the rim hole is.

I'm new to this but is that rubbery thing on the rim, rim tape? Or is rim tape something that goes on top of that rubbery thing?

It is frustrating because I've patched the hole yesterday then after patching it and putting the tire back on I pumped up the tire and 10mins later there was a muffled pop sound then a "psssssst" that leaked the air out rapidly. I took off the tire again and checked and it's the same area that I patched. So a friend of mine suggested I use electrical tape to cover it up. I went a step further and took the cardboard backing of a writing pad and cut off a piece and taped it over the hole. I then repatched the tire and pumped it up. Not long later the air started to leak again with a "pssst". This time I was by the tire and it sounded like it's coming from the valve area. I'll be checking it shortly. I just wanted to find out about that rim rubbery thing and what that is called.

Thanks in advance.