RoadToNowhere
mamafitz

Bikes: Serotta CDA, Cannondale R800, mid-80's Bianchi hybrid

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by branman1986
any rides going on in the harrisburg area after work this week? I got my bike rented and I'm ready to ride!

also any good areas to ride around in the downtown area? I'm at the Hilton at the intersection of Market St. & N 2nd Street. Thanks!
The Harrisburg Bike Club scheduled evening rides begin next Monday, the 2nd - will you still be in town?

If you're looking to just get out for a quick spin, head over to the riverfront. Starting at Front and Market, take the bike path all the way up to Division St., head south back to the Walnut St. bridge (the walking bridge), cross over to City Island, loop around the path on the island, head back over to Front St., back up to the path, head South into the Shipoke area and loop north again to Market St.

I don't know the condition of the path down along the river - whether it's been swept or not - so you might fare better staying up on the path in riverfront park. When I lived downtown I rode this loop quite a bit - quick and dirty, about 8 miles for the whole loop. Just head out and keep looping it til the sun sets

I coach a Spinning class at the Y (Front and North Streets) at noon a couple of days a week. If you can't get outside and want to get a workout in, stop by on a guest pass.

Have fun; pm if you want to find a group ride next week (possibly Saturday as well).

Beth