Old 03-28-07, 02:24 PM
zeytoun
Non-Custom Member

Bikes: 1975-1980 SR road bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
blame /bleɪm/Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[bleym]Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciationverb, blamed, blam·ing, noun
–verb (used with object) 1.to hold responsible; find fault with; censure: I don't blame you for leaving him. 2.to place the responsibility for (a fault, error, etc.) (usually fol. by on): I blame the accident on her. 3.Informal. blast; damn (used as a mild curse): Blame the rotten luck. –noun 4.an act of attributing fault; censure; reproof: The judge said he found nothing to justify blame in the accident. 5.responsibility for anything deserving of censure: We must all share the blame for this deplorable condition. —Idiom 6.to blame, at fault; censurable: I am to blame for his lateness.
lit·er·al /ˈlɪtərəl/Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[lit-er-uhl]Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective 1.in accordance with, involving, or being the primary or strict meaning of the word or words; not figurative or metaphorical: the literal meaning of a word. 2.following the words of the original very closely and exactly: a literal translation of Goethe. 3.true to fact; not exaggerated; actual or factual: a literal description of conditions. 4.being actually such, without exaggeration or inaccuracy: the literal extermination of a city. 5.(of persons) tending to construe words in the strict sense or in an unimaginative way; matter-of-fact; prosaic. 6.of or pertaining to the letters of the alphabet. 7.of the nature of letters. 8.expressed by letters. 9.affecting a letter or letters: a literal error. –noun 10.a typographical error, esp. involving a single letter.
[Origin: 1350–1400; ME < LL litterālis of letters. See letter, al1]
HH, may I suggest that options 1 and 2 are both in line with your post.