View Single Post
Old 03-29-07, 05:18 AM
vw addict

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac Expert, Cannondale R700, Specialized Langster, Iron Horse Hollowpoint Team, Schwinn Homegrown

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Having problems with sizing.

Sorry guys, this ones gonna be fairly long. I bought in 05 a 56cm Cannondale. After riding this for about a year I never really felt quite right. On a whim I jumped on my friends 58cm Allez, WOW, maybe that was the problem. Soooooo, I buy myself a 58cm R1000, I slapped the shorter crank off the old R700 to make up for my shortish legs. Fast forward to now, I feel a bit stretched, going to shorten the stem a bit. Randomly I found buyers for both my 'Dales, and I can get the bike I've been wanting, a Tarmac. Thought I wanted a 58cm, but I rode one around at work and now I'm not sure. I am 6 ft, and have a short inseam, about 31. I have longish arms though. The idea was to get a 58cm which I tended to be more comfortable on, and make a stem adjustment if need be, and maybe put 172.5 cranks on it as well to make up for my shortish legs. The nice thing about the new Specialized is that they come with the short reach bars which kind of eliminates my problem with reach to the hoods. Any opinions? Do I need to provide any more info? Any help is GREATLY appereciated.