Old 03-29-07, 09:38 AM
FIVE ONE SIX
SpIn SpIn SuGaR!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by free2move
Another thing that bothers me is that the mounting system of the Sigma uses rubber o-rings, rather than zip ties used with the Cateye. Not as secure as zip ties, and sometimes they shift towards the wheels on particularly rough rides. The spoke magnet of the Sigma doesnt have a very secure mount on it too. These are my main beefs with Sigma.
i agree with you about the rubber o-rings, they look cleaner, but they can allow for some movement. i wish the speed sensor had the slots that the cadence sensor has, so you could mount it with zip ties if you wanted to, but it doesn't...

one note though, the spoke magnet it not coded to work with just that speed sensor, so if you like the one that came with your cateye, than try to use that one with the sigma speed sensor. i don't see why it wouldn't work, they're both magnets...

and i will be the first to admit that the display on the CatEye Micro Wireless leaves something to be desired, but i don't ride at night, and it provides me with everything i need in a computer. and unlike the Sigma, everything mounts securely, with zip ties...

Last edited by FIVE ONE SIX; 03-29-07 at 09:51 AM.