Old 03-29-07, 08:09 PM
pj7
On Sabbatical

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Helmet Head
The only way this would matter is if the definition in the OP of "VC" differed substantively from that intended by John Forester, the "coin phraser". Do you believe it does (I don't - particularly the revised stuff in the OP of the "some VC definitions" thread, a work in progress)? If so, how?
Looks like I misworded. Instead of saying "for instance" which means that "this is what happened with me", I should have said something else that meant "someone could have done it like this". Sorry for that, I was just happy that finally I felt I was able to convey what I meant.
As for me, personally. I have not read his book so I can not answer wether or not I think your definition differs from his. But if it doesn't, a simple link to his work where it outlined HIs interpetation of VC would have done more than suffice, but been more clear. A great example of this is the "defensive driving" poll you started. Though it reads like a blurb from legal contract, it is actually quite well and clear. which made it easy for me (and possibly others in the future) to make a meaningful response that was not only well thought out, but came from the heart. I'm sure you would agree with me there.