Old 03-30-07, 02:07 AM
Helmet Head
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pj7
I have not read [Forester's] book so I can not answer wether or not I think your definition differs from his. But if it doesn't, a simple link to his work where it outlined HIs interpetation of VC would have done more than suffice, but been more clear.
Unfortunately, I don't think there is a clean definition of the meaning of "vehicular cycling" in any of his books, beyond "bicycling in accordance to the rules of the road", and I'm not even sure that's in the book.
What you can do is "reverse engineer" a definition, based on what he writes. That's essentially what I'm trying to do.

If there already was a clean/thorough definition to which I could refer, then I wouldn't see a need to develop one. I think the Wikipedia article is pretty good, but it's limited to that which has been published elsewhere. It's not the place for defining anything new. I think there are useful terms and concepts which are used informally, but they're not hammered out yet. That's what I'm trying to do in the "some VC definitions" thread.