View Single Post
Old 03-30-07, 06:44 PM
invisiblehand
Part-time epistemologist

Bikes: Jamis Nova, Bike Friday triplet, Bike Friday NWT, STRIDA, Austro Daimler Vent Noir, Hollands Tourer

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by pm124
Hi Invisiblehand, I don't know about either the mini or that particular front rack, but for what it's worth my Dahon rear rack didn't fit on my downtube (one or the other uses non-standard dimensions).

Are you considering the lighter Capreo version? If so, I want a review!

Also, dcoli mentioned that the mini rolls well when folded. My NS would, too, if there were a way to hold it together properly. I'm not sure how the little guy is held together.

Originally Posted by Polaris43
1) I've never really tried as I usually just fold and put in the car. I'll check it out this weekend.

2) No but I've been meaning to try a velcro strap and now I have a reason to get it done

I'll let you know how it turns out.
Thanks for the replies guys. I appreciate the feedback.

I was just looking at the Bike Friday velcro strap and thinking about the mini. It is not as elegant as the magnetic locks ... but it looks like it would do the trick.

Regarding the Capreo ... I would probably stick with the internal hub. With my fat butt on the bike (195 lbs) and my acts of carelessness, I see that derailer getting smashed.

Glad to hear that it rolls well. Putzing around with a Brompton, I do find that quality helpful. My wife will not live without it!

Hey ... now that I think about it there is another thread about the mini. I will look through there to see if there is any information regarding how the mini locks (if at all) when folded.

If I recall, PM124, you have a birdy right? I always thought that it rode the best out of the mini folders ... but there is no easy way or attachment to get it to roll while folded (I saw one produced in Japan once). It also irks me that they produce one with an internal hub but (1) they do not sell it in the US and (2) it has a coaster brake in the back. Ugh!