Old 03-30-07, 09:38 PM
pm124
Car free since 1995

Bikes: M5 Carbon High Racer, Trek Emonda SL6

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts
Yup. If you want to roll the Birdy, you have to put it on a skateboard. I'm actually planning on going to Japan one of these days since I work in Asia. I'd love to pick up a Bianchi Fretta there, but also some critically missing Birdy accessories in the US market.

I took a look at http://www.downtube.com/Downtube_200...ey_Archer.html. If you scroll down, you can see that even the folded mini in the picture has fallen apart. So, there's the answer.

I tried to velcro my girlfriend's NS ("Mina Loy") together, but Mina proved to be as rambunctious as her namesake. She has torn apart every attachment I've come up with. I've come to the conclusion that the best way to handle her is to bag her. So, I'm making a thin nylon slip cover to fit. (The Dahon and Birdy slip covers are both way too small to fit, and the one that ships with the bike is a bit cumbersome.) But this is all "knowlege that..." rather than "knowledge how..." ;-)

Mina is a good looking bike though, and rides well. I assume that the mini will have fewer problems since it's lighter and more compact. And it should easily fit in a Birdy or Dahon bag.

Oh, and as for the Birdy, I find that I can fit the slip cover, a multi-tool, a spare tube, and tire irons in one of thoe cheap-o seat bags from pricepoint.com. You could do the same with the mini and then not have to worry about Velcro.