View Single Post
Old 04-02-07, 09:17 AM
ItsJustMe
Señior Member

Bikes: Windsor Fens, Giant Seek 0 (2014, Alfine 8 + discs)

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 446 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by onyourbike
I don't want to go off topic, but could you tell us a little more about your experience with the SuperFlash? How long have you been using it?
I own the LD1000 and it's both bright and water resistant. A Superflash owner said his unit was not very water resistant, have you had any such issues with yours?

thanks
I haven't ridden it in very rainy conditions yet. Also I have full fenders.

There's a thread here from within the last week of a guy who put his SuperFlash through the wash in his jacket pocket. It was a bit damp inside but was still blinking; he just opened it up and it dried out fine.

I do wish that the SuperFlash had the waterproofing of the LD1000, but I think it's good enough that it's unlikely to stop working on a ride, and it's certainly more noticable.

I think both the blink pattern and the fact that it spreads the beam a bit more than the LD1000 are what makes it attractive to me. That single LED is really strong, and the blink pattern really demands attention.

I should probably mount both but I don't have the space. I've got a stupid, useless suspension seat post that limits how high I can go, and stuff on my rack that limits how low, so I only really get one blinky in the space available.