bmclaughlin807
Crankenstein

Bikes: Novara Randonee (TankerBelle)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by bvfrompc
I didn't get out until later, a bit overcast for my sensitive tastes but it was worlds better than Saturday when I had to fight 30mph winds the entire way back to Golden from the junction of Ralston and Clear Creek paths, somebody have some cheese for my wine??

Seriously, riding on the flat paths Saturday I believe my avg mph was slower than my ride up lookout Sunday, while it wasn't exactly warm at least the wind had abatted.
I did a century on Saturday and yeah... the winds were HORRENDOUS. There were parts where I was going downhill at less than 10 mph. It was crazy. I got home at 98.7 miles, so of course I went back out to get the rest. A mile from the house I stood up on the bike and it went CLUNK! ... The rear dérailleur snapped.

So I walked it home. But... the 100 miles (100.3, actually!) are on my odometer, they count!

Threw on an old dérailleur I had around onto the bike and I'm back on the road... back to friction shifting, though.
"There is no greater wonder than the way the face and character of a woman fit so perfectly in a man's mind, and stay there, and he could never tell you why. It just seems it was the thing he most wanted." Robert Louis Stevenson