Old 04-03-07, 06:33 AM
MDcatV

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
^^^ Yellow line rule - I got relegated to the back of the pack in a RR on saturday, for a completely non-egregious (did I spell that correctly?) very brief violation to go around 1 guy who was going backwards like a stone. While I looked ahead to be sure no oncoming traffic was there and wish I wouldnt have been relegated, I completely understand, respect, and appreciate what the moto did, it's for our safety as racers and I was in the wrong. People get killed this way. The folks in your race should have been relegated to the back of the pack.

Sitting on the back - some can make this work. Not me. I'm a big believer that the front 1/4 is where the race happens. If you would have started there instead of sitting on the back, you wouldnt have worn yourself out moving up and then the yellow line pirates would have been a non-factor, regardless of official decision. I also think that the best way to improve your position for late in the race is to not have to improve it at all by being in position already. I'm not as strong as alot of other racers, but positioning is my bread and butter.

Good result none the less, and much kudos to you for driving so far to race. That's committment.