Old 04-03-07, 07:33 AM
stea1thviper

Bikes: custom built roadie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zimbo
Your numbers are average power, not normalized power, right? And it's Cat5, right?

I'm not trying to pester you. I'm trying to be helpful, honest! I keep asking for more detail because I'm having a really hard time believing you could put out that much sustained power and not end up on the podium. If you were drafting wisely, it would mean that the pack was hurtling along at the equivalent of well over 400 watts for an hour. I've never seen a Cat5 group anywhere near organized enough during a race to do that. Did you spend time on the front or chasing down a break? Did you post a report of this race?

To put this in perspective, in a recent Cat5 race that I won on a last minute solo breakaway my highest average 1-hour power was a mere 210 watts. I weigh a little less than you but not enough to make that much of a difference.

I know that California has a very competitive racing scene but I'm having a hard time believing it's that much more competitive in Cat5 than NC/SC/VA.

--Steve
agreed. 284 watts for 2 hours is some serious wattage when compared to cat4/5 racers. with that kind of endurance, you wouldnt even need to race smart to win. you'd easily ride everyone off your wheel very quickly. you must be doing extra laps.