Old 04-03-07, 09:15 AM
Loch

Bikes: Dahon Speed Pro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by WrencherWOAC
While I am not particularly fond on the NECO BB, this characterization is both unfair and false. There are bearing on both sides. The bearings on the right (drive) side can be accessed by knocking out the axle after the adjustable cup (left) has been removed. It is not even necessary to remove the fixed cup to do it. For more detail. This BB is basically an improved cup and cone. I still recommend replacement with a sealed cassette but only because it is do it once and forget it preventive maintenance best done when the frame is new. On the other hand, the stock unit is serviceable and is likely to last a long time if serviced regularly.
Please don't judge my integrity so quickly.

I will gladly correct my statement, after I recheck the bottom bracket I received. But I'm fairly certain it did not have bearings on the non-drive side, maybe they were not included during assembly and should have been. This still does not change the fact that the entire bottom bracket was so far out of adjustment that the crank arms had .5 inch side-to-side play (this play might have been a result of the missing bearings).

EDIT: I checked, and it definately does not have bearings on the non-drive side. However, I will change my wording to address my BB specifically, because appartently others do not have NECO BBs that are "completely useless". I apologies for the generalization.

Carry on

Last edited by Loch; 04-03-07 at 10:43 PM.