Old 04-04-07, 07:37 AM
grebletie
NorCal Climbing Freak

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by NoRacer
If you train with power and use CyclingPeaks software to analyze your power training, you can use the Performance Manager Chart (PMC) to help identify whether you are digging yourself into overtraining syndrome.

Coggan and Allen suggest that a CTL of 100 TSS/day is the limit that an athlete should maintain for a given training micro-cycle. Of course, like anything else dealing with human physiology, a ceiling of 100 TSS/d all depends on the individual, but they insist that if you have an accurate Functional Threshold Power (FTP) number set in the software, 100 TSS/d is appropriate.

For me, the 100 TSS/d for CTL -may- be my limit. I became ill after performing a block at or above 100 TSS/d. It may have been coincidence, or it may have been that overall daily stress including training stress helped lower my resistance to the crud that was going around at the time. Whatever the case may be, I'm more sensitive to when I'm approaching or exceeding 100 TSS/d CTL for a micro-cycle.

EDIT: To add, MDcatV is correct in that what is indicated may be a lack of rest. IMHO, it all depends on the individual, the length of the training block, the amount of stress being induced, and other daily stresses.
Don't suppose you have a link to where they discuss it? Only because I'm on track to be markedly above 100 TSS/d soon at the rate that I'm going. I've seen this mentioned before, but I'm wont to back off my training, as the results so far have been great.