Thread: am i a Green`y
View Single Post
Old 01-15-02, 10:05 AM
bikeman
Lovin' my Fixie

Bikes: Litespeed Classic, C-Dale MT1000, 80's Trek 770, 2005 Raleigh Rush Hour Pro, Fixed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I try to be as sensitive to the environment as I can considering I have to live in a large suburb of a major midwestern city. I recycle as much as possible, drive fuel-efficient cars when needed. Try and combine trips if possible and ride my bike to commute when the winter doesn't prevent it.

I find it interesting that when people refer to willic
as a "Green`y type" it is seen as a negative thing. I suppose that is as a result of the media portraying Earth-Firsters and Greenpeace folks with a negative eye and grouping all environmentalists into the same arena. So of course anyone that is trying to be the least bit environmental is automatically grouped with the more revolutionary types. It's easy for people to put everyone in a group of "like and dislike".

I would just respond with a "yes" and add that you just trying to do your part to help preserve the earth for THEIR children and yours (if you have any). Maybe then they'll stop and think before criticizing next time.