makeinu
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pm124
Yeah, that and the 2 pound stem.
I'm serious. Who wants to readjust the seat every time you unfold? I don't drop the seat stem to put the bike in my closet, I don't drop the seat stem to take the bike into work, I don't drop the seat stem to take the train, and I don't drop the seat stem when I take the chinatown bus. The only time I drop the seat stem is when take the local bus, which isn't often as this bike is really too big for the local bus anyway.

BTW, I'm starting to make a list of things I'm going to change on my VIIIH:
-Definitely need to use a smaller chainring. I'd like to go with a 34T, but I think I might end up getting a 38T chainring and a 22T rear sprocket so I can use....
-A Hebie Chainglider. I'm not sure if I can even get my hands on one of these, but this bike is badly in need of a full chaincase (I have no idea why there are almost no folders with full chaincases).
-Decent fenders (front and rear). I can't believe that Yan said the current setup is sufficient for riding in the rain. I can't even ride past a car wash without splashing myself.
-Lower profile pedals and/or shorter cranks so the left pedal doesn't hit the front wheel when I roll the folded bike. I might hold out for Dahon to release their new folding pedals (hopefully they'll be available as parts).
-Something to hold the bike together while folded! So far the best thing seems to be simply a bungie, but I'd like to figure out something more automatic.

Seems like a long list I guess, but I don't think the list would have been any shorter if I had bought a more expensive bike.