celephaiz
I sing the body electric

Bikes: 2006 CrossCheck, Fuji Track 2004

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by newnoise
sometimes the silver spd cleats undo themselves apparently. I've popped out twice. Apparently the black ones don't do that. I run a brake with my clipless pedals just in case. For some reason I don't trust them enough for brakeless. Though it does feel nice having your foot really secure like pretty much only clipless can do. I still prefer clips and straps for the convenience of wearing normal shoes.

Unless the black ones are somehow black all the way through, this is bs. I dont know what color my original cleats were new, but they were silver when i got them. I clipped out three times unintentionally (though the first two were largely the result of being new to clipless and the last was due to cleat wear after a little over a year of riding). THen i changed cleats to a black set. THey are now silver (after the black paint comes off) and last week i unclipped while skipping down a hill. Just sayin, you always gotta be prepared for an inadvertant release. I'm sure i did something wrong in my skip but I'm just as sure that there isn't a real difference between black and silver spd cleats, unless it's just about how new the cleat is.