Old 04-05-07, 06:55 AM
dutret
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by celephaiz
Unless the black ones are somehow black all the way through, this is bs. I dont know what color my original cleats were new, but they were silver when i got them. I clipped out three times unintentionally (though the first two were largely the result of being new to clipless and the last was due to cleat wear after a little over a year of riding). THen i changed cleats to a black set. THey are now silver (after the black paint comes off) and last week i unclipped while skipping down a hill. Just sayin, you always gotta be prepared for an inadvertant release. I'm sure i did something wrong in my skip but I'm just as sure that there isn't a real difference between black and silver spd cleats, unless it's just about how new the cleat is.
lol. they're a different shape.

I rode on spds for a while with no problems. I had been using them for years though so that may have something to do with it. For that last year I have been using atacs they work fine but the aliums are distinctly harder to get into or out of(intentionally) then either spds or the newer xses atacs.

A few weeks ago I had to ride a few times in clips and straps and good ****ing lord did it suck. The mtb cages were tolerable once you got use to the sloppiness but the superbe pros ****ing blow all around. Not secure enough to really pull not supportive enough to really push. What a ****fest. I had forgotten how ridiculous the "track pedal" fad was.