View Single Post
Old 04-05-07, 11:23 AM
invisiblehand
Part-time epistemologist

Bikes: Jamis Nova, Bike Friday triplet, Bike Friday NWT, STRIDA, Austro Daimler Vent Noir, Hollands Tourer

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by pm124
Thanks Invisiblehand! That's not only extremely cool, but I happen to have good skateboard wheels lying around. Now, all I have to do is figure out how to get my Birdy to walk up and down NYC stairways.

Thinking again about the mini, the bag idea might work similarly to the Tikit with respect to rolling if it were tailor made. Because the handlebar fits between the fold, a tightly fit bag would probably hold it together well. But that's only an untested hypothesis...
You are welcome. Although I have never located a source for that device. If you find one--maybe ask the YAHOO Birdy Friends Group--please pass the information along.

I actually submitted a post on the YAK group regarding the front rack on the Tikit hoping that someone at Bike Friday would respond; but no such luck. I did just read that Bike Friday is looking to further develop the rear rack such that it will stand when folded.

I just installed that Nashbar front rack on my Nova. Pretty useful. Probably the equivalent to two or three wedges. I have not experimented with it much yet. But it also looks like one could bungee books or shoes to the front as well.

Checking out the NWT, I think that the rack will fit on it as well. That is, I can see no reason why it would not. So I would be willing to bet that there would be no issue with its installation.

As I wrote in another thread, I have reached the point that I need to test ride the mini and curve before proceeding much further. I need to find an excuse to go to Philly.

-G