View Single Post
Old 04-05-07, 11:36 AM
Air
Destroyer of Wheels

Bikes: Surly LHT, Dahon folding bike. RIP Nishiki Sport, Downtube IXNS, 1950's MMB3 Russian Folding Bike, MTB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by pm124
Well, everyone has different needs, I suppose. One problem with the high bottom bracket is that it makes the bike incompatible for short folks, like my girlfriend. She rides with the seat so high that it might as well be a unicycle. The other thing is that folding bikes are meant to be folded. It takes 2 seconds to lower the seat. If you mark the height spot with an indelible ink marker, it takes 2 seconds to raise it.
I'm curious - how tall is she? I've had three short friends ride my IXNS (4-10', 5', 5-1') without any problems. Granted these weren't more than 12 miles but the seat still had to be raised up a bit since all the way down was too low (I was surprised, about the shortest one - I really feared that seat was going to be too tall).

I 'could' drop the seat down every time...though I do like keeping it up and folding it in half (my 'lazy fold' as I call it). I use it a few times a day so the extra few seconds would probably grate on me (it's not folded in my apt, only folded when I go into buildings where the 'no bikes' sign is posted). As you say, everyone has different needs

By the way, Air, if you still need a free seat, let me know.
Thanks!!

It's the year of the enema!