View Single Post
Old 04-07-07, 02:13 PM
phinney

Bikes: Schwinn Rocket 88, Schwinn Fastback, Cannondale Road Tandem, GT Timberline rigid steel mtb

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have just by chance read that book. I had no idea what it was about when I started it though. I like to think that Crichton actually began to write a book that was going to show yet again how man's inventions were going awry and causing catastrophe, this being a common theme of his, and while doing his research he realized that this theory was really pseudoscience. Either way he certainly does a good job of painting a clear picture of what is truly known as well as why and how climate is being politically exploited. Students should be required to memorize the epilogue.

His drawing parallels with eugenics is profound, I guess gullible people have been around and manipulated for awhile. Makes me wonder if eugenics would still be popular if the second world war wouldn't have happened? Scary thought.

Well, it's up to 30 outside with some occasional sun and the winds are only gusting up to around 20. I'm tempted to go out but the roads are soaked with salt solution and I put all new components on my bike this winter. Hmmm?

Originally Posted by Stevie47
I think that book has been written:

http://www.crichton-official.com/fear/