Maelstrom 
Wood Licker

Bikes: Trek Fuel EX 8 27.5 +, 2002 Transition Dirtbag, Kona Roast 2002

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BCIpam
Geeeeezzzz, I am so surprised at how many folks use a hose on their bike. Again each to their own but I prefer my BB to last alittle longer. I realize I ride through mud and water but it's not the same as blast spraying water on and into the bike. Really it's not that hard to let the mud dry and knock it off. Now I seldom do a really spiffy shine job on the bike cause I agree it's just going to get dirty again but I am really good about keeping my chain properly lube with the right lubricant - Finish Line is good, Pro Link is good, Pedro's Dry is good. Some like (I don't) White lightning. WD 40 is too harse and collect dirt and grit.

And Yes I do live someplace dry (Southern California) so the mud usually dries out between rides. Don;t know what I would do if I lived on the each coast or the Pacific Northwest.

Hose users, how long do your bikes last without repairs or replacement of BB etc?
There are no open bearings on most bikes. (average length of time in whistler, 6 to 9 months for a bb. Thats in and around where mine lasts. On my xc bike my bb is 4 years strong.
On really bad days I use a high pressure washer and my parts last as long as average parts do here. no one has been able to prove using a high pressure washer sucks on bikes, it all just he said she said and really if you did screw your bike up with a washer, thats just stupid...it isn't rocket science.