Old 04-11-07, 02:11 PM
DBC Steve
Co-Mo mojo

Bikes: 06/07 Co-Mo Speedster, Cannondale Synapse, SR 800, Specialized Hard Rock

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
[QUOTE=djembob02]I also had this issue. My total cost was about $200 if I remember correctly to mount our triplet on my Honda CRVQUOTE]

I recall seeing your pictures a few months ago on the earlier thread. As someone adept in welding, my first thought was you could benefit by welding an extension to the fork mount swivel base that would be on top of long steel tube, drill a hole through that extension and through the tube, and put in a pin to keep the fork mount rigid. Your cross brace -- likely necesary for a triple -- probably serves that function to some degree, but I think the pin setup like on the Tandem Topper fork mount swivel would add additional security and take pressure away from the cross brace.

I'd be interested in either a parts list or the tubing dimensions. Can't tell from the photo if you used square tubing for the long tube, or just more of the rectangular tubing used in the fork mount support. Nice all around solution, in any event. I'm interested in this design so that I have a second, inexpensive rack to my current Yakima / Tandem Topper setup to carry two tandems at the same time (with four people in the car, of course). Feel free to either post a reply to the list or off line. Thanks much!