View Single Post
Old 04-11-07, 07:15 PM
counselguy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Expensive Roof Rack

Thanks to those of you like Tandem Geek who shared your condolences - I truly appreciate it. I can't really describe the emotions at the moment you realize your bike has just hit the garage, especially when you waited three months to get the bike.

Someone asked about insurance for the bike. To have the bike separately insured by State Farm was going to cost $1,300 a year, which was not an option.

State Farm told us that the bike would be covered since it was "attached" to the car at the time of impact. I have also been told that if you hit a tree while on a bike, the damage isn't covered. However, if you are hit on the bike by a car, or the bike is hit by a car, you are covered.

Tandem Geek, re: examination of the Head Tube: It appears that the fork took the brunt of the impact. I am going to take the tape off the bars and inspect them as well. We have taken a shop light and inspected the front third of the bike and haven't seen any cracks. However, I am going to look at the seat tubes tonight as the seats were moved by the impact of hitting the ground.

Counselguy
2007 Calfee Tetra Tetra (forkless)