View Single Post
Old 04-13-07, 05:06 PM
MajorA
Prodigal road guy

Bikes: '72 Bob Jackson; '82 Austro-Daimler Starleicht; '85 Scapin; '80 Peugeot PKN-10; '81 Trek 610; '87 Hunter Corsa; '72 Italvega and '75 Motobecane Grand Jubillee frames built into freewheel singlespeeds.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Motobecane Grand Jubile question

For reasons which grow harder and harder to explain on The Home Front, the herd expanded again today:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...4267&rd=1&rd=1
with the link being the auction through which I picked up a Grand Jubile frame with headset, stem and bars for $70+shipping. Not a great deal, but a price within reason for a 531 frame in my size, particularly if it has the cool Nervex lugs, which I think it does. But I digress ...

Based on the apparent age in the photos - and here I'm guessing 1972-ish, based on the script style, the construction from 531, the lugs, and the headbadge - was this bike built for 27" or 700c wheels? And is the rear spacing probably 120mm? In anticipation of its arrival, I'm going to dig through the parts pile for wheels, hubs, brakes etc. in coming to some decisions about what to do with it when it arrives ...

Thanks.