View Single Post
Old 04-14-07, 08:46 AM
runair

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
I got one also!

A while back I did the Ebay thing and purchased an early '70s GJ. It was mostly complete. The owner had striped and repainted it blue but never fully assembled. It had the rear Jubilee changer but no front. Also included the huret shifters. Sidepull Weinmann 500 brakes. 27" Ridga (sp?) steel wheels. My size (63cm). Definately a project but I only paid $40.00 and it was local so I avoided shipping! Quite a number of small items missing ie. cables and housings, handle bar tape and hardware bits and pieces. Have been picking up here and there and about to reassemble.

In '73, at age 23, I bought my first bike a UO8. Still have it and love it as my daily rider. In '74 wanted something higher end so bought a Moto Grand Record. Black with Red. The most beautiful bike I have ever seen!!!! Definately a high pride in ownership item. Unfortunately someone liked it as well. Broke into our garage and stole it in '75. Only thing taken. I have pined for that bike all these years.

I plan on stripping the GJ and repaint/restore it to Black & Red of my long lost GR. Will be GJ but that's just fine.

Recently as I approach 60, I've rekindled my passion for biking in general and French bikes particularly. Hope you are as excited about your project as I am about mine.

Scott

Last edited by runair; 04-14-07 at 09:16 AM.