View Single Post
Old 04-14-07, 06:57 PM
Blue Order

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by runair
I plan on stripping the GJ and repaint/restore it to Black & Red of my long lost GR. Will be GJ but that's just fine.
You know, I see black and red Grand Records on eBay all the time. Probably not for as good a price as you got on this Grand Jubile, but they are available. Keep in mind, the difference between the two is the GJ was 531 main tubes, the GR was full 531.

Originally Posted by MajorA
Thanks, folks; sounds like cheap parts, or parts out of the ready bin, won't be what this one is about. Assuming Swiss thread BB, and 27" wheels, preliminary research points to a new BB through Sheldon's company, or Phil Wood, and the wheels might give me an excuse to try wheelbuilding for the first time. I like the singlespeed/fixie suggestion; I've got a lonely Campy high-flange front hub with the flat skewer looking for a home, and that with a new high-flange flip-flop might turn out pretty cool.

So, when she arrives, after a good clean/rust abatement session I think she'll take third place at the back of the queue behind the Bob Jackson and the Peugeot PKN, waiting for the **several** hours and few hundred that it's going to take to get it done right ...
Sounds like a very classy build. Can't wait to see the results.