View Single Post
Old 03-17-04, 10:40 AM
fixedgearhead

Bikes: Panasonic,Peugeot Px10,Cinelli super corsa, Cinelli Olympic Pista, Bianchi Pista, Gitane Tandem, all fixed Gear

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by William Karsten
Go ahead, split hairs. I'm sure you know what I meant, but only desire to be pendantic, and pick away at any scab you can fine. But, go ahead and split hairs. Just know, it just makes you a comb over freak.

Edit:

I apologize. What I'm trying to say is that a fixed gear with out a "hand brake" is not brakeless, per my opinion. It still has a brake that is operable and fits the discription as required by law.

I'm not sure what your intention is, but based upon previous post, you're some what preditory in your comments. So, I reacted in a manner befiting what you've done in the past.

At any rate, a fixed gear has a brake. If it doesn't. Then it must be a coaster, SS, etc.

My definition. Yours may vary.

And again, I apologize.. I left what I said up above anyway.. 'cause I'm not a post retractor.
We agree that the drive system is a brake by the nature of back peddling
The single speed without a hand brake is by definition an accident waiting to happen.
As to my being a comb over. I have sported a complete shaved head look for low these many years after the thinning of my hair and the only other option being a comb over. That would have been totally unacceptable. I also have a rather fetching handlebar mustache. On my upper lip, not my bicycle.

Fixedgearhead