View Single Post
Old 03-17-04, 11:11 AM
fixedgearhead

Bikes: Panasonic,Peugeot Px10,Cinelli super corsa, Cinelli Olympic Pista, Bianchi Pista, Gitane Tandem, all fixed Gear

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nader'd

I remember the last time I bought a new bike from a dealer when I lived in California,1997. It was a Bianchi road bike that was for my wife. When the salesman delivered the bike after the prep, he handed me the reflectors in a small box, that, By law, are required to be installed on all new bikes that are delivered in California. He said, here, you can install these if you want to. I appreciated that even though it was against the then prevailing law. That is one of the examples of naderism run rampant. I think that if they could, they would try to prevent us from doing anything that they viewed as "Dangerous".
I hope we are flying under the radar when it comes to fixed gear bikes. I know that in Boston, there was an attempt to enforce the law on Brakes attached to fixed gear messenger bikes by the State Legislature as a result of somebody accidentally running down a legislator. If there is one somebody you don't want to hit on a brakeless track messenger bike it is a polititian.

Fixedgearhead