charles vail

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
right on!

Originally Posted by bmike
Not true.
They are using a waterproof compound on the leather.
I ride brevets and centuries in the rain and occasional snow. My Anatomica has been subject to some rain and it will see much more this season.

Also not a 'cheap' copy. The designer / rider liked his Brooks and he thought he could improve on it, so he modded, tested, filmed, modded, tested, etc.

Sometimes I think the SS/FG forum was designed so people can s**t all over everyone elses bikes/clothes/saddles/gear ratios/bags/riding style/lifestyle/etc.

saddle culture is not for sale
Right on! These have been my sentiments since reading this forum. It seems that quite a few immature saracastic comments, attempting at humor and usually at someone elses expense exsist on SS/FG! Talk about narrow minded "fashionista" thinking.........I thought that SS/FG riders were more willing to accept new and different things! Instead, it appears that some are merely; cynical, saracastic, disrespectfull and ignorant!

If you don't like the way something looks or performs, don't buy it! From everything I have read about the Sella An-Atomica the owner/inventor is a avid but older cyclist, who wanted to design a better saddle, for long distance riding. Apparently, he has tested the design with multiple prototypes, using multiple riders, over thousands of miles, in all kinds of weather, in order to get enough feedback to refine the design and invest a bunch of money to get it into production. Any businessman with any sense, won't spend the time or money to market something that won't work and if they are dumb enough to do that, they will soon be out of business. Time will tell but from the comments I have heard the saddle seems to be a good product for many

And.....I do not work for the company!

Last edited by charles vail; 04-18-07 at 12:08 PM.