Old 04-20-07, 08:08 AM
BigRedSnackFoam

Bikes: Specialized Allez Elite

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vrkelley
Rest up. Hang in there. It takes a while for your body to build up the needed blood vessels and muscle.
Thanks for the encouragement everyone! Today's ride in was the exact opposite of Wednesday. Felt great even though I've ony had about 6-7 hours sleep combined for the last 2 nights (baby). Not my fastest ride of the year but it was my fastest morning leg at 14.6mph and 1:33. The temps were still cool but the sun was shining (well, after it came up anyway), lots of animals and birds on the canal trail, light traffic, and I got to work 30 minutes early. It's gonna hit 60+ this afternoon so I'm really looking forward to the ride home.

Some notes:
-I'm getting pretty good at gauging how much to wear so I don't overheat. I thought I might have too much on this morning since I was comfortable when I left (not cool) but once I unzipped the jacket the breeze took care of any excess heat.

-My tires were 40lbs low!!! New rule: Check tire pressure more often.

-Adjusted my "butt hatchet" of a seat so now it's only a "butt steak knife". Better but it's still a racing seat so it's never going to be super comfy.

-Construction zones suck.

Last edited by BigRedSnackFoam; 04-20-07 at 08:32 AM.