View Single Post
Old 03-22-04, 01:47 PM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by cnl83
Im not really a fortunate wealthy person, but I want to take my brother, and my wife trail riding.
We are going to be going to Louisiana's Lake Fausse Point state park. They have some pretty nice trails.

Im trying to decide on two different bikes, because I have to buy 3 of them. I found this one at wal-mart..

Mongoose XR-100 26-inch Mountain Bike
it weighs 45 pounds..

Then I found this one..
Next Power Climber 26-inch Dual-Suspension Bike which is real cheap..
it weighs about 50 lbs.

Can I get some input, or does anyone know where I can read some reviews on both of these ???

At the price, forget the Dual suspension, it will be like a pogo stick on anything bumpy. Both bikes seem far too heavy to be a good ride, but if you are on a tight budget, try your LBS for the cheaper range of bikes that are available. You may be surprised at how cheap bikes can be without being overweight C^&p.
Failing that, do as a friend of mine did and advertise in your local paper, "Wanted Cheap bike(s) to get an unfit family healthy." He had so many bikes oferred to him at sensible prices, he was spoilt for choice. It is a fact that many Bikes are sold, many of which finish up in the shed, never to be used again after 1 months use.