Old 04-21-07, 07:00 AM
kokomo61

Bikes: Giant OCR C2, Kona Jake the Snake, Scattante 650-R

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by garagegirl
Have you heard about the duct tape method? People swear by it.
I've been working with a doc for over a month on this - the wart takes up a good portion of my little toe, and the treatment consists of putting this salicylic acid paste all over the affected area, then taping it up (like the duct tape method), wearing it 24 hours a day. IF YOU'RE SQUEAMISH, STOP READING NOW!

Essentially, it eats the skin away, with the intent of getting rid of the viral tissue. Since the wart's so big, it makes it hard to walk, and I've not been able to get in as many long distance rides - since the cycling shoes fit close anyway, I hurt the whole time. Since we haven't made enough progress (try doing this for a month - it's like having leprosy with all the stuff coming off), the doc is going to take it off surgically on May 4th. That'll put me off my feet for 2-3 days (also covering a weekend ride time, too). So, there are at least 3 weekends that I won't be able to get mileage in between now and June 11th.

Topping it off, I've had the flu all week, and haven't ridden once. I've done 4 60-milers, 1 86 miler, and I commute twice a week (43RT). I haven't had any opportunity to get any serious climbing in, though. My commute is 1700 ft RT, and the 60-80 milers are about 3000 total. The AoMM is 11,000, with most at the end. I don't want to go down there and not be able to finish. It might be better to spend some time getting healthy and training for next year.
'06 Kona Jake the Snake