View Single Post
Old 04-21-07, 02:31 PM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by maddmaxx
Boy am I slow.

Stapfam: I too was worried about the harshness of the crossrides, but since I run a pretty high pressure in the Kenda Kosmic Lite tires, dropping about 5 lbs seems to have smoothed them out. Now to see how they hold up for a season of riding.
The crossrides are stiff and I only really find them a problem on hard baked clay- which normally doesn't happen till july. We have gone for about 4 weeks without rain, but there is just a bit of give in the soil at present. Only thing is we have a lot of chalk trails and they are never soft. Most of my rides are about 40 miles and I can manage those OK. It is only when I get above 50 that I have to start thinking about letting the tyres down. Normally run Panaracers- 1.8 Mudpro's for the winter and 2.1 fire XC's for when it is dryer. I have 50 psi in both and I will let the FireXC's down to 40 or in extreme cases down to 35 if I have to.

Incidentally- The Tandem has Full Downhill wheels crossed x3 and we run the Fire XC's most of the year at 60 PSI. That is why it is fitted with a Thudbuster Suspension post.

Spike Milligan