View Single Post
Old 04-23-07, 12:58 PM
John Forester

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bekologist

And John, your character and tone is so terrlbly disagreeable, I'd disagree with you just on general principles. I wonder if you got booted from the LAB seat because of your abrasive, insufferable personality?
Yes, I can well understand that you are getting thoroughly irritated. That's natural, when you who are in political power in cycling affairs have to be told, time after time, that the political program that you advocate so strongly has no basis in science or engineering, but only in foolish superstition that has been created by the motoring establishment to do harm to cyclists. It's your responsibility that you got yourselves in this irrational tangle by believing the motorists' claims.

If you had shown signs of trying to get out of this tangle, I would be trying to assist you, but all that your side has shown is stubborn refusal to look at facts and not only opposition to what might be done to make cycling better, but absolute rejection of its principles. That is, except, of course, that you say you obey them for your own interest. It is this incompatibility between what you say you believe and what you say you do that is an inherent part of this tangle. Try to figure out your way out of the tangle into which you have got yourselves.