View Single Post
Old 04-23-07, 08:45 PM
metallo pesante
Car magnet

Bikes: 80's Hoffy track frame 49x15, 80's guerciotti track 47x15(destroyd by a car), '78 ross conversion(RIP, died of old age), '06 fuji track(RIP, hit by a trolley), '75 Alan Aluminum(in the works)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by xfrancox
I was hoping someone could help me with this problem I'm having. I just bought a Raleigh Rush Hour from a friend of mine. He was riding it free wheel but I prefer fixed so we flipped the rear tire around. Everything was going fine until I started skid stopping. It felt like something was skipping or turning to much (sorry for the cryptic descriptions). I would continue pedaling and its almost like it fell back into place and went back to normal. After that I did a particularly long stop and it felt as if my chain fell off. I was pedaling but it wasn't moving the rear tire at all. After that the only way I could move the rear tire was if I pedaled slowly without too much force. I dont really know whats wrong, Im still very new to this. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Is that a common problem?

I'm sorry to tell you this but it sounds like you just completely stripped your rear hub. Chances are, whoever put the bike together didn't check to tighten the cog and lockring on the backwheel before handing it off to you.

You will most likely need a new back hub now. Unless you are a fan of red locktite.