Old 04-24-07, 10:34 PM
randya

Bikes: who cares?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Helmet Head
Distracted drivers are a dime a dozen, they don't bother me at all. I think most drivers are distracted most of the time. If I was bothered by distracted drivers, I'd be a wreck.

I'm sure there are more impatient drivers out there than I realize. Of course, I only know they're impatient if their impatience is manifested in some way that I can recognize. Perhaps following me too closely, or honking, but this is quite rare. It may be more often than I realize because it's so insignificant to me that I forget. When it does happen, it's usually easy to deal with by using a slow/stop signal, looking at them and smiling and/or shrugging shoulders, etc.

Drivers that I would call aggressive are extremely rare. The last one I encountered though, was only a few weeks ago. Before that? I can't remember. Probably years. I wrote about the old geezer who honked aggressively at me and my daughter a few weeks ago. Unbelievably, a police car was right behind him, and pulled him over. Even so, I was able to learn that he was probably a decent guy, who genuinely felt obliged to "teach me a lesson". Ultimately, even though this guy was so out of line he was pulled over by a cop, he was a friend too!

There is no way I would ever allow such silliness to ruin my day. Life is too short for that.
Well, I would certainly not call them my 'friends'. Individually, I am neutral at best to their impact on me.