Old 03-24-04, 05:46 PM
Thylacine
Industry Maven

Bikes: Thylacines...only Thylacines.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I think what annoys me is the fact that with all the possibilites that having financial independance gives you, people still resort to the cliches and distasteful consumerism. Ferrari and Seven in the garage, a drill press thats never been used, Armani in the wardrobe, Calvin Kleins in the undies draw, holidays in the South of France.

I don't have a problem with people who play and succeed in the Capitalist game. I exist within it because I have to, I have no desire to play as I think the rules are generally debased and devoid of any real meaning.

But if you have money, why can't you at least have a brain, or some inkling of what defines good taste? Why not ride a Richard Sachs or an Eisentraut, or track down Mike Augspurger or Gary Helfrich to make you a custom Ti frame? And why a Ferrari? What about paying some guy to shoehorn a Porsche motor into a Karmann Ghia? Why not make some hybrid car from scratch, make a statement, do something meaningful, out there, different, and donate the rest to charity?

Please excuse me, I must go play a Bill Hicks CD now....