View Single Post
Old 04-25-07, 06:48 PM
mollusk
Elite Fred

Bikes: 2009 Spooky (cracked frame), 2006 Curtlo, 2002 Lemond (current race bike) Zurich, 1987 Serotta Colorado, 1986 Cannondale for commuting, a 1984 Cannondale on loan to my son

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked 42 Times in 19 Posts
I used to play pick-up basketball at a reasonably high level until I was 50. One of the reasons I quit was because of the amount of torque required on the lower back that led to pretty regular therapeutic sports massages. The major reason I quit was that whole body and my ankles in particular were constantly sore. After I quit basketball I just ramped up the amount of cycling that I do as a replacement. Even when I "tweak" my lower back now I can still cycle and it seems to help. (In case you are wondering I have almost 5"s of drop from my seat to my bars.) From experience the activity that "tweaks" my lower back the most now is lawn mowing. Do you think that there is any chance that I can get a prescription for somebody else to mow my lawns (mine and two rental properties) while I get to go out on a therapeutic bike ride?