View Single Post
Old 04-11-07, 09:36 PM
slagjumper

Bikes: Salsa Las Cruces, Burley R&R and a boat load of others.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I wonder how much bad will that the semi VC, Lycra clad, Saturday morning, suburban pelaton rides generate. Seems to me more than one shock jock focused his angst at them. My opinion is that, that is some folk’s thing and that is ... OK

Some motorists are put off by children on bikes. And who wants to wear a helmet? What about those high-speed, narrow streets?

What about those damn guys on department store bikes, toting beer and smoking? And immigrants on bikes – cant be good for the rest of us. While were at it even “The Tour” is bad, since it reminds everyone how much drugs play a role in cycling.

Given all of this bad publicity it is a wonder that bikes out sold new cars last year!

CM is no threat to a strong democracy and wont topple the hegemony. The hegomonic order is going to do that all by themselves. When was the last time that an anarchist asked you to pay your tax bill in full while letting the big business man off with half of what is due? Did Sturgis kill the Gull wing honda ralleys -- no. And CM is not going to cause anyone to trade in the CF road bike for a tall bike, a bike with 12 inch wheels or a Schwinn Varsity.