-=Barry=-

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Angry

Originally Posted by John Forester
Originally Posted by The Human Car
... but I would also advocate the design policy to end the bike lane strip 200’ before intersections. ...
The trouble with this system is that it unduly restricts the merging distance. There are other posts giving more precise measurements, also. We want to provide the longest possible merging distance so that the two parties have the greatest choice in how and when to make their moves (or only one to move, of course). The location chosen to merge over, to lane change, depends on the traffic conditions at the particular time, which cannot be predicted in advance.
The trouble with your response is that it lacks any precise references to be of any help what so ever.

I recommend that max merging distance mentioned in this thread and you criticize me for being unduly restrictive??? If others have given more precise measurements, logically that implies you favorer 50 or 100 foot merge distance over 200 feet. Don’t call me unduly restrictive.

I’ll note that I left the Chain Guard list because of your overly negative comments and you reading into things that are not there and totally useless arguments.
. . /L
=()>()