Old 05-02-07, 12:26 PM
bigbossman 
Dolce far niente

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by East Hill
I am still waiting for the photo op pictures of you, with bike, in front of the shop.

Colour coordinated, of course.
Well, I probably won't get down to the shop, but I do have a color coordinated kit. You might regret having seen me in it, though.....

Update on the build - I have another, shorter 110mm Cinelli stem that I'm going to swap in for the 130mm that's on it now. Then I can tape the bars and call it complete.

I've about 100 miles on it so far. It rides very smoothly indeed, and the bike handles marvelously. I love the DT Swiss r1.1/Chorus wheelset - very smooth, good performers with the Michelin Pro Race 2's.

The Campy 10sp drive-train is Da Bomb.... I'm probably going to give up on DT friction altogether now, except for my "collectible" bikes that I'll ride now and then for show. Sorry, but IMO it's just way too much better on a long ride, and I cannot ignore that fact any longer.

I built this bike to test my thesis that a quality vintage steel frame mated with a modern drive-train would be a perfect marriage - the best of both world. That has been proved to my satisfaction, although I gotta tell you that my modern CF bike is just as nice (if not nicer) to ride for distance. Different feel to be sure, but I'd be hard pressed to pick between the two for a "main" ride.

S. J. Perelman