Old 05-03-07, 07:35 PM
Mboys2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
First Fixed Gear Buildup - FORK IDEAS (help)?

Hello,

I am currently looking for parts to complete my first fixed gear IRO cycle buildup. I have debated a CF fork, but have decided to refocus on steel and or chrome forks. I'd like to have a fork with the vintage look in that the fork blades are not straight (I believe this means that the fork would have a fair amount of rake, and a flat "crown"?). If you havent guessed already, I am a fairly huge newbie to all of this -- and particularly the jargon.

Some of my research has pointed me in the direction of a custom built fork: $175 from TET cycles, $300 from Moyer Cycles. I'll be powder coating the fork to match the frame, so colour is not currently an issue.

Additionally, I realize that a $300 fork would cost more than the Mark V frameset I got from IRO. I would like a steel fork at its most affordable, but none seem to be on Ebay or the craigslist areas I have searched (save for some that come attached to frames).

If any of you all can impart some vital wisdom, I would greatly appreciate it! (As will the bike, soon to be named Cielo Azul).

Thanks,
- Millen