Old 05-04-07, 09:47 AM
jimx200

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ElJamoquio
I would buy a bicycle from BD ten times over before I bought anything from Performance/Nashbar. FYI, in being a member of BF, you have a very direct contact with the owner of BD, and if you have problems...
Oh right, very direct contact? You get email (that were replied to a week later in my case) or a secret, unpublished phone number that no one answers. But you do get a bike with a bogus "Retail Price" of about three times the selling price to make you feel good. Other extras: tuneups or adjustments? Whoops, not available (unless you box the bike and send it to Texas). And it helps that you have good bike mechanic knowledge to making sure the bottom bracket is correctly installed, fitted and torqued, rear/front derailer adjustment know how is required, make sure you check the wheels to make sure they are true, and if you have problems....well, maybe you could call the secret phone number.
But first you must make sure you get the right size! Mike at BD told me to go test ride Trek and Fuji bikes at local bike shops then buy from him. Support your local bike shop and not someone who does business like this.